Best way to reconnect with yourself is to be like a child and do things for the simple joys. For example:
- Take that yoga class you’ve been wanting to try and forget what other people might think about your flexibility or how you look in yoga pants.
- Try an Improv class, because you always admired people that could do it, to find out how it would feel for you.
- Visit nearby state parks if being in nature puts you in the right mood.
- Make a weekend visit to a theme park to re-live the rides that gave you a blast when you were younger.
If single: break up your typical romantic love pursuit routine (i.e. online dating, or events) and:
- Do something similar to what is listed under self-love category.
- Add to your prayer life
- Volunteer for a cause you feel passionate about
If in a relationship:
- Do a double date with a couple whose relationship aspect you want to emulate
- Try praying together before a meal
- Do a retreat together
- Give yourself a target to give one complement per day
- Volunteer to help somebody with a task
- Ask a coworker to lunch (for extra points, pick a co-worker you might not like so much for whatever reason)
- Call a family member you have never called before
- Invite a family member to do something together
- Send a thank you note to a family member who helped you in the past
- Think of someone you look up to … set up a meeting with him/her
- Tell your friend how much you appreciate their friendship
- Invite your friend to keep each other accountable in bring more love into your lives; share success stories as well as challenges
LOVE FOR OTHERS
- Challenge yourself to do at least one random act of kindness per week
- Invite someone who you think might be open to your spiritual activities (i.e. bible study, prayer group etc)
- Think of a time when you know God touched your life, share it with someone who is going through something similar.
LOVE FOR GOD
- Begin each prayer by saying “Speak Lord, your servant is listening”
- Whenever you go through tough time, think of a Bible character who went through something similar and re-read his/her story
- Think about the times in the past where you felt God’s presence the most. What caused it? How can you do that or something similar more often?
For a plan of action that will work best with your particular situations email me at: email@example.com